Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Listening to your Inner Wisdom

Hello fellow spirit beings!

This week's blog is about tapping into that part within yourself that is wise, all knowing and all loving. Now you might be assuming I am speaking about your intuition or higher self, but I am talking about tapping into your inner child.

As children, we are already sensitive and open to spirit. Especially as babies, we can still see, feel and hear our Angels, Spirit Guides and heavenly love. Imagine if we were able to speak as babies, we would be able to tell the world where we just came from!

I remember as a child being so sensitive to my environment. Growing up in a broken home, I could feel and sense the pain and fear within my family unit. I could also sense when spirits were around, I was always afraid of the dark. I used to (and still do) have many vivid dreams at night which sometimes kept me up. As a child, I didn't understand my sensitivities, all I knew was that my home life felt "wrong" and I felt very different than other people.

As we grow up and become more aware of our surroundings, we find out that most people around us do not share in our insights and awarenesses. We feel we need to "belong" here and we begin to shut down our psychic senses. To children, our parents are the most important role models and protectors, so to please them and feel we belong to them, we don't allow ourselves to remain open to spirit.  When children to try to tell their parents that they see a man in their bedroom or that they see sparkles of light, parents tend to blame it on their imagination and send the child away. This is not the fault of the parents, they just don't have the knowledge to educate their little ones. By the age of 5 we have shut down our third eye and our spirit senses.

My belief is that we all still carry that child within us and we need to tap into our inner child in order to fully experience our intuition. Through doing my own inner child work and working with others inner child, I found that most people carry a wounded and scared child within them. I believe we need to heal this part within us so we can begin to trust in the world around us and more importantly trust in ourselves again. If we don't trust in what we are receiving as inner guidance then we will not follow what our intuition is telling us.

Once you begin healing your own inner child, your psychic senses will begin opening up again. For me, I became more clairvoyant and began having amazing insights and dreams about my path. My intuition sharpened and I was able to receive information quickly. Sometimes when I am doing a reading for a client, I can't talk as fast as I'm getting the information. I feel my inner child is really helping me bring forward the messages.

Now you may be wondering how to begin this process of healing. Please do not let your ego mind tell you that it's going to be difficult, because I'll tell you from personal experience, that it is not! Just like when children fall down and hurt themselves, they cry and wimper but soon enough they get right back up and continue to play. This is what inner child healing is like. All you have to do is acknowledge this part within you, ask what it needs, give it what it needs and soon enough your inner child begin to play again and trust it will be taken care of.  Your inner child is screaming at you to pay attention to it, so listen up and begin the process of healing.

An easy way to access your inner child is to simply:
  • Sit in a comfortable chair or lie down
  • Quiet your mind (yes you can do this!!)
  • Take 3 deep breaths in through your nose and exhale out through your mouth
  • In your mind bring up an image when you were 5 years old; where do you feel this 5 year old within you?
  • Pay attention to the feelings that come up as you imagine and feel this 5 year old
  • Have a conversation with this image
  • Ask, what is it that you need?
  • Listen
  • Act upon the guidance you receive.
Practice this daily and soon it will become easier and easier to listen to that child within you. If you and your little one need help healing, please contact me at 403-400-3715 or emergeforhealing@shaw.ca.

What does your inner child want to do today?

To your Inner Child Spirit,
Rosanna

1 comment: